Thursday, December 29, 2011

Painting together

Strangely christmas did not equal lots of free time for painting or playing 40k. But now things are starting to look better, and I invited two other friends who play for a spot of evening painting. Having the rival Tyranid and Eldar armies at the same table kind of spurs my competitive vein.

Some progress was made on the Chaplain, as seen below. I added some reds and washed the gold, metal and parchment areas. The face also got some more definition. I really hope the next step is edge highlights, but now I am starting to regret that I didn't just drybrush the black areas with some grey as a first step.

I also got a lot done on my first tactical squad. There is one more waiting in my case, just sprayed with Chaos Black, but I want to get this one done before starting on the other one. It is kind of a study on how fast I can manage to paint with quality. The squad still needs washing, highlighting and details noone will ever notice.
And no, basing is not a priority in my house. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment