Friday, February 10, 2012

Captain Flair

Done! My Assault on Black Reach captain is finally not just a black boring blob on the battlefield, but rather a feast of red, white, blue and gold. Power weapons also benefit hugely from being properly painted, since they are so important in heated assault battles.
I realized during the final detailing that I need to get myself a decent black pen to do banner texts with. Freehanding with a detail brush just won't cut it - I don't have the skills. I have done some lettering with a brush, but not this small. That is why the model is missing the "ULTRA" text on the banner.

4 comments:

  1. Colors look great on it!
    I've heard Sakura Micron Pens are really useful for the tiny texts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff, thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kan rekommendera: Copic Multiliner 0,05mm
    Finns t.ex. på Mattonbutiken.se (de har dock bara fysiska butiker i Sthlm,Malmö och Gbg) kostar 79:- där.

    Jag använder den för att göra pupiller på mina IG, finns även som 0,03 om man vill ha ännu finare.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tackar tackar, ska införskaffa något sådant!

    ReplyDelete